- Licentiate degree in Law from the Faculty of Law of Coimbra University (1982).
- Representative of the Public Prosecutor for the district of Vila Nova de Cerveira, from 1983 to 1985.
- Practising law in a law firm in the city of Porto from the date of admittance to the Portuguese Bar Association (24 July 1985).
- Practising law in a law firm in the city of Porto (as a freelance lawyer and as a consultant/associate of the Cerqueira Gomes & Associados law firm, from its date of establishment).
- Provision of lawyer and legal consultant services as a freelancer and on contract to the above mentioned lawyers/law firms, with particular focus on civil law (contracts, leases, civil liability and insurance), commercial law (company and businesses) as well as the fields of leasing and banking law, in collaboration with a number of banking institutions.
- Languages: english (speaking and writing; reading and listening skills); spanish (reading and listening skills).