- Licentiate degree in Law from the Portuguese Catholic University (Porto Region).
- Practising law in Telles de Abreu & Associados – Sociedade de Advogados law firm.
- Lawyer in Cerqueira Gomes & Associados (1999-2001 and 2005 to present day).
- Advisor to the Mayor of Porto Municipality, Mr. Rui Rio (from January 2002 to July 2004).
- Secretary of the General Meeting of the Sociedade de Transportes Colectivos do Porto, S.A. company (2003 to 2006 mandate).
- Member of the Office of the Minister of Justice in the XVI Constitutional Government, collaborating with the then Minister of Justice, José Pedro Aguiar-Branco, and the then State Secretary to the Minister for Justice, Paulo Castro Rangel (from August 2004 to March 2005).
- Other Languages: good knowledge of french, english (First Certificate awarded by Cambridge University) and spanish (speaking, reading and listening skills).